EASY FIVE INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE ORANGE BROWNIES RECIPE
EASY FIVE INGREDIENT
CHOCOLATE ORANGE BROWNIES RECIPE
When I’m on a health kick I’m all about playing around with recipes in order to get my (fake) sugar fix. I don’t know about you but I have a massive sweet tooth. After my food I always fancy something sweet. In order to kerb the sugar cravings me and my boyfriend have been playing around with brownie recipes. If you read my previous post vegan paleo brownie recipe you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. This time, we wanted to make more of a cakey brownie. I know, I know – who puts chickpeas in brownies!? But I swear YOU NEED TO TRY THIS RECIPE! The first time we made these with nuts, but the second time we made them without the nuts. Personally my favourite one was without the nuts. And if you’re not a massive nut person leave those out. Honestly if you’re after a super healthy post gym snack this brownie will save your life!!!
FOR THIS VEGAN BROWNIE RECIPE – YOU WILL NEED:
Desiccated coconut for topping
Dates – 400g
Tin of chickpeas
Half a cup of blended oats
Cocoa Powder or Cacao Powder
Half a cup of Whole nuts (mixed nuts) – optional
- Blitz the oats in the blender – put them to one side.
- Cook the dates in a pan until soft with a tad of coconut oil and then add the mixture to a blender with a little bit of water.
- Mix the dates, 3 heaped table spoons of cocoa powder, a tin of chickpeas, 8 drops of orange extract and 100ml of water into the blender. This will create a thick gooey paste.
- Keep around 3 table spoons of the date mixture aside for the topping later.
- Mix the oats with the rest of the date mixture.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Add the mixture to a baking tray and bake at 200 degrees celcius for around 15-20 minutes.
- Once the brownies have cooled down it’s time to start the chocolate topping!
- With the rest of the cooked / blended date mixture spread a thin layer to the brownies.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
Let me know if you try this recipe and be sure to tag me on Instagram if you try it! @imogenroseig
* * *
Shortlisted for the Weight Loss or Healthy Eating Blogger of The Year Award
If you’ve not read my post Health Blogger Awards – I’ve been shortlisted you might not know about my nomination. I’ve been shortlisted in the ‘weight loss or healthy eating blogger of the year‘ category. If you think I deserve to win you can VOTE FOR ME HERE voting closes on the 29th September 2017.