It’s now midweek and we all know what that means… on one hand we only have the rest of the week until it’s the WEEKEND (pat yourself on the back my little lush friends) – on the other hand, we still have 2 whole days until that’s happening wahh. So I thought I’d bring you a little mid week treat – I’m saving you the hassle of trialling and testing affordable, dramatic lipsticks. I’ve come up with a list full of beautiful, bright and colourful lipsticks all from £1. Find your new favourite lipstick right here!
LET’S JUMP STRAIGHT IN
- SCANDALOUS VICE – MAKEUP REVOLUTION This one is a beautiful, bold orange lip colour. A perfect summer staple – I think it sits great with a dramatic black winged liner and bold lashes. The Makeup Revolution Lippies are just £1 a pop (ohh how affordable) so you can’t really complain but nevertheless there’s not much to complain about anyway! The consistency is pretty creamy although I would suggest investing in a Lip Locker – Lip Cote, the original lipstick sealer is a perfect match to keep that gorgeous colour in place all day!
- CRIME – MAKEUP REVOLUTION If you’re after a sexy, popping pink then this one may just answer your prayers! Again from the Makeup Revolution collection, it’s perfectly affordable and a great colour to add to your summer collection. Crime teamed with a subtle, creamy copper eye makeup look would do wonders. It has blue undertones so it’s more of a fuscia pink ready to make you’re LBD look that little bit more special.
- REBEL WITH CAUSE – MAKEUP REVOLUTION Let’s talk about the vampy look, I know it’s August but here in the UK the weather isn’t budging it’s usually always raining so what does that call for? A great vampy look! I’m obsessed with a dark lip and winged liner at the minute. Again super affordable at £1. Here’s how it looks on the lips…
- DEPRAVED – MAKEUP REVOLUTION Oh my goodness this shade does wonders. It might be a tad on the quirky side but here at Miniature Milk we love quirky so get you’re sassy shoes on and make way for Depraved! If you follow me on social media you’ll know I’m always sporting this purple lip! Perfect for festivals, so complementary sitting amongst a glittery face – you can’t go wrong with this affordable lipstick.
- ATOMIC MAKE ME TONIGHT – MAKEUP REVOLUTION WOW! Now this one 100% complements blue and green eyes perfectly! If you’re looking for a vampy lip but more on the extreme side, this is your girl! She’s feisty, sassy and sits nicely with a bronzed eye makeup look. Team her with a black faux leather jacket and you will be rocking yourself silly!
- SLATE BLUE – NICKA K NEW YORK This wicked lipstick shade is a gorgeous, bright blue and reminds me of fairies, magical lands and festival fashion wear. I know it’s massively peacocking but don’t worry because you will look bloody fabulous in this! Team is with a dash of silver glitter and you’ll surely stand out when you’re next rocking your socks off at Glastonbury!
- RAVEN – MUA COSMETICS
This one, oh I just can’t get enough of it! I keep wearing it around the house telling myself I can go out in it but it’s so over the top I’m not sure what to team it with? This is a great Halloween lipstick at £1 you don’t need anything else. I would love to recreate some wearable makeup looks with this just to see how it pans out on a glam beauty look. Let me know what you think.
If you want to really see how amazingly wearable these lipsticks are check out my video:
Thanks so so much for stopping by! Do let me know what you think, which ones are your favourite ?