Semi – healthy vegan brownies tasting good? Look no further! So lately if you’ve read my latest post about my Endometriosis journey you will know I’ve not been mobile. So I’ve noticed I’ve put on a lil unwanted weight. By no means am I saying I’m fat but you know don’t feel totally healthy…so me and the boyf have decided to start a new healthy eating regime. Not only to help my condition (certain foods make my symptoms worse) but to keep a healthy & happy body. We’ve decided to try as much as possible to cut out stodgy foods like bread and eat more fruit and veg. SO, this finally brings me on to my point about bringing sweet treats into my diet without the added gluten & unnecessary fats. We have to be a little more creative, which, I don’t mind! Here is my vegan, gluten free, paleo brownie recipe for you guys. PS. They were UNREAL but one tip is to heat in the oven again just before eating to get rid of excess coconut oil and then eat with vegan ice-cream, YUM!
FOR THIS VEGAN BROWNIE RECIPE – YOU WILL NEED:
A smidge of oat milk
Unrefined syrup* optional
- Blitz the cashews in a blender.
- Add the dates to the cashews and blitz further until almost paste like.
- Add around 3-4 table spoons of coconut oil to a pan and melt until liquidised.
- Take around a quarter of the coconut oil out of the pan and put it in a dish.
- Add the dates and cashews to the pan and squish down so no large bits are visible.
- To a separate blender cup add the rest of the ingredients: The rest of the coconut oil, cacao powder, hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground cinnamon, desiccated coconut, syrup and blend.
- Once the chocolate paste is runny add to the date mixture in the pan and get stuck in with your hands until mixed thoroughly.
- Line your baking tray with melted coconut oil or grease proof paper.
- Add the mixture the flat tray.
- Sprinkle a little desiccated coconut and cocoa powder on top of the mixture.
- Put it into the fridge for 4-5 hours
Let me know if you try this recipe and be sure to tag me on Instagram if you try it! @imogenroseig
Thanks for reading guys xxx