When I think of cosy lounge wear I can’t help but think of Jenna Marbles sat on the couch in her ‘leisure wear’ it always makes me laugh. If there’s one thing I ask of you whilst reading this post, it will be: every time you read ‘leisure’ please read it in a Jenna Marblesesque tone. Today, I’m showing you my khaki fitness ‘leisure’ wear which is a cross between a ‘leisure’ suit and gym wear. I don’t know about you but when I’m off to the gym I always find myself more motivated when I love what I’m wearing. Is that just me? Rather than finding me in a pink hoodie you’ll probably find me in black, grey or khaki fitness wear when it comes to working out. Hence why I’m loving this particular gym outfit. ***Perfect for blending in when you don’t want your PT to find you and ask why you’re sat on the floor instead of deadlifting.***
Lately, I’ve been challenging myself to do more. Last year, if you remember I did a 6 month challenge where by me and the other half quit drinking alcohol. This was at the time I became a newbie vegan too. After managing to stick to veganism I thought I’d slip up on the alcohol front but I actually managed to do pretty well! We completed it and have actually been thinking about doing it again. Anyway, back to the exercise front. I’ve always been into meditation and yoga on and off but recently I’ve been naughty and fell off the wagon with it all. The other day I had a major set back. My wisdom teeth were KILLING ME. God knows how babies bloody do it. We don’t give them enough credit do we? Like, all of those teeth coming through one by one. I was having a mental bloody break down on Saturday…So I needed some kind of respite. I decided to make an energy shot out of lemon, ginger, turmeric and hot water. Turmeric is supposed to be an anit-inflammatory. As well as the shot I slapped out my yoga mat and turned my front room into some kind of spa. Even had the bloody essential oils out didn’t I! A bit of frankincense and lavender did my mind a right treat. Afterwards, I felt like a new woman. So I pledge to do yoga at least twice a week from now on and I’ll work my way up to 20 minutes everyday. Are you a yoga junkie?
FIND YOUR PASSION IN FITNESS, AND A WORKOUT IS A TREAT
I’m a firm believer in finding your passion in fitness and then you don’t feel like it’s a chore to workout. In the past I’ve attended pole dancing clases, which is actually AMAZING. And no, it’s not dancing round a pole like a stripper. Pole fitness classes require A LOT of strength. It works muscles I never even knew I had, like seriously. I noticed a massive change in my body. My core was getting some much needed attention and I actually started to build upper body strength! I stopped last year due to health reasons. But it’s my mission to go back in 2018.
This NICCE London hoodie is available in an array of colours and is SO soft on the inside! The quality is lush and I love the tiny details they’ve added, such as the little, iddy, biddy logo on the inside to the hoodie strings. I teamed the super cosy hoodie with these leggings from Primark which are the Alex Liveing x Primark leggings. I managed to pick them up for the bargain price of £6. Nicce London are smashing it with their range of hoodies. They even have some beaut bodies too! Next on my list is the NICCE London black original body – I’m obsessed!
FIVE FITNESS RULES I’M LIVING BY THIS YEAR
- Have fun – It’s my absolute mission to get back into the kind of exercise I love. Hot yoga was something I massively enjoyed when I lived in London. I used to go to the Triyoga in Soho and oh my god was that a treat and a half. Had to sell half my limbs to go there but it was so bloody worth it. I recon I’ll try to get to a couple of classes of hot yoga and go back to pole dancing. Again have to sell my soul to get there but this is the year of fitness and health for me so gal gotta make some sacrifices, ey?
- Write down my goals – I think this is so important, especially when it comes to weightlifting. I find when I can see what goals I have in terms of how much I want to be able to lift, it makes my workout better. I strive to do better. I think it’s also really important to write down goals which are attainable too.
- Track my progress – Once, on a workout with my cousin I noticed she carried a little book around with her and wrote down what weight she did on each exercise for every workout. I think this is a great way of improving and achieving those goals.
- Give my body what it needs – No workout will be great without the fuel your body needs. This month, February for me is a Gluten Free month as instructed by my gyne. We agreed at my last appointment I would track how I felt after going gluten free compared to not being gluten free. I’ll keep you posted on whether it helps on the Endometriosis front!
- Don’t put too much pressure on myself – With all the goals in mind, on the flip side I will ensure I take much needed breaks and resting periods when life gets a little too much for me. When I have a flare up I can’t necessarily get to the gym because of the pain. What I can do instead is meditate or do light yoga. Same goes for you – if you’re wanting to get into fitness more this year have fun with it, and when it gets too much, take a much needed step back.
What fitness rules are you living by this year?
This post was sponsored by NICCE London and contains a gifted item (the hoodie) but as always, everything is my own opinion.
Like this post? Follow so you don’t miss future posts.