How I remove my fake tan | vegan edition
Back in the day when I was a complete amateur at applying fake tan, I used to just sit tight and wait until it naturally came off with time (like I’m some kind of fake tan consultant now, yeah ok Imogen calm down). For me, that wasn’t a good look. Patchy fake tan on day 5 doesn’t have to be any longer. Now I realise exfoliating is absolute key when removing fake tan. If you want that year round glow like you’ve stepped off Bora Bora beach in rainy Manchester then exfoliating and reapplying every couple of days really makes your fake tan last.
Read more | Empowering women LOTD Collab
Eco tan are a brand that came onto my radar a couple of years ago. As a vegan and cruelty free brand – they produce high quality skincare products from the most natural ingredients. Once I went vegan, I found looking for cruelty free skincare and make-up a little bit daunting, so when I came across Eco tan a solely vegan friendly brand, I knew it suddenly became very easy for me to switchover all of my products. They sell fake tan mousses, tanning creams, body washes, deodorant, acne treatment, body moisturiser and so much more.
The Himalayan salt scrub in particular smells like a dream and is my absolute fave to both exfoliate my skin and remove fake tan. The light scent boasts of delish lemongrass and coconut. I apply it with the eco tan exfoliating mitt, gently massaging my skin. It leaves your skin feeling bladdy smooth without feeling irritated.
Read more | 15 Creative blog post ideas
MY FAKE TAN ROUTINE
- I start with hair removal the day before I plan to fake tan. I do this to make sure the new skin doesn’t get irritated by all the products I put on.
- I exfoliate the day before I fake take with the Eco Tan Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub. Gently massaging my skin with the exfoliating mitt.
- Before fake tanning I hop in the shower to make sure I’ve removed all perfumes and deodorant from my skincare.
- I find applying moisturiser to the dry patches like my knees, elbows and arms means the fake tan takes better to my skin overall.
- After the moisturiser has done it’s magic work, it’s time for the MAIN ATTRACTION – Cacao firming moose step right up to the podium because it’s time for my body to look like FIRE BABEH.
- I use the Cacao firming moose. It says on the bottle to leave it for an hour before showering but for that extra dark glow I usually leave it on for a good 6 hours before showering. I love how sun kissed this product makes me look.
- For the face, I use the tanning water from eco tan. I used to just put fake tan on my face but I found that didn’t do well with the dryer patches on my face. The tanning water gently tans my face leaving me a natural glow to match my body.
Have you ever tried any eco tan products? If you like fake tanning what’s your fake tan routine? Do you do anything differently? I’d love to know.
Like this post? Follow so you don’t miss future posts.